news | principal talk| head girl's say | top school awards | achievements

 

NEWS

 

• News

 

•  Principal

 

• Head Girl

 

• Top School Awards

 

Achievements

 

 

 

 

While it is tempting to list the multitudinous achievements of VGHS students and staff, we have decided that we will limit this page to key achievements of the current year.

 

 


 

2015 MATRIC RESULTS

 

The VG 2015 Matrics did very well last year.  The 100% pass rate is often touted in the press, but at VG we are less concerned with the number of passes and more concerned with the quality of the marks achieved by our girls.

 

91% of our girls achieved University Degree passes (the equivalent of the Matric Endorsement) and the remaining 9% achieved Diploma passes. 

 

Over 35% of our girls achieved an 'A' or 'B' aggregate pass and there were an impressive 97 subject As.  97% of our subject marks scored above the 50% mark. 

 

This kind of performance speaks volumes about the effort that teachers and pupils put into last year.  Our girls worked incredibly hard and deserve to enjoy the fruits of their labours!

 

 

Lunako Mthenjana was the Dux Scholar

and Top Pupil in the Sarah Baartman District

 

 


 

 

 

LINKS

HOME

PUPILS

SPORT

CULTURAL

HOSTEL

OLD GIRLS


Victoria Girls' High School Online: Established, January 2004, Last Updated: March 2016
Mail P.O. Box 601, Beaufort Street, Grahamstown, 6140, SOUTH AFRICA • Phone (046) 636-1550 • Fax (046) 636-1620
Email (office@vghs.co.za) with any questions/comments about VGHS's website.